I grew up in a family that always had dogs and have rarely been without my own dog, so I have plenty of experience in looking after them! I have most experience with larger breeds (malamutes, German shepherds...Labradors) but smaller breeds are welcome too. I enjoy the fact that I can get to know lots of different breeds of dogs. I can accommodate more than one dog from the same family and depending on circumstances, can take well socialised dogs from different families. I am happy to care for dogs who have "issues" (e.g. Dogs who don't get on with other dogs) as long as I am informed in advance and have discussed any special needs prior to looking after the dog. It is very important to me that I meet dogs/owners prior to accepting a booking so that I can see the dog/ask questions and observe its behaviour.
Any dog that comes to me is treated as part of the family! We are based in a rural setting with large areas of securely fenced garden, easy access to fields/lanes/woods for walks. I have two dogs of my own (who can be kept apart from "guests" if necessary). I have three teenagers and an 8 year old who are all confident with dogs. You are welcome to come and meet me/see where we are and discuss your requirements. I can also collect/drop off dogs and visit your home if you live locally and would prefer for your dogs to be in their own environment.
- Property type: House
- Resident dogs: Two
- Other Pets: Chickens/ducks/three lambs and a couple of farm cat who is used to visiting dogs (even those who chase her!)
- Outdoor space: Garden
- I have a car for emergencies
- I can administer oral medications
- I can administer injectable medications
- Dog care is my primary occupation
- I have children under 18 in the household
All DogBuddy bookings include:
- 24/7 Emergency support & cancellation protection
- Up to £1.7M pet & liability insurance
- Free GPS tracked walks
- Photo & video updates