I'm a stay at home mum and very enthusiastic about caring for dogs. As we travel a little here and there (i.e. Australia), we don't feel it fair to a dog that we stick him or her in a kennel or to be apart for long periods of time, so I like to get my doggy fix from looking after dogs!
We have a 5yr old boy who shares my love for dogs and I feel it teaches him about care and consideration of nature. He's enthusiastic, but also respectful so knows to approach slowly, calmly and allow doggy to get a scent. My son attends primary school now so dogs usually get all my attention during school hours and walks galore during school hours plus the 15min walk each way for school drop off and pick up.
When looking after a dog, we start our day with early morning potty in the park nearby, a 20/30min walk to school, potter around the house, for an hour or 2, a 1 hr park walk/ball throw ususally at either Walpole, Gunnersbury or Lammas Park, a rest at home until its time for school pick up and then lastly a night night piddle. We're always on the go!
We have had various experiences with dogs in our home so far - a 9mth old labradoodle, 7mth old french bulldog, 1 year old pug, 3yr old cross collie, 13yr pit bull, a 1 yr old Whippet/Greyhound, 9yr Miniature Schnauzer, 5yr old Poodle cross, and 9mth old Chihuahua.
We have a rather generously sized house with a good sized back terrace where we blow bubbles, play ball and have a good ol' lie in the sun.
My expectations of doggy guests and their owners are:
- CHILD FRIENDLY – I cannot emphasis this enough as one of our guests was not tolerant at even the sight of my son even under my supervision
- Fully HOUSE TRAINED
- Dogs MUST SLEEP IN OWN BED and downstairs in the lounge or kitchen. We do not have dogs sleeping with us or in our bedroom.
- No crates or cages
- Must be able to be left alone atleast for an hour
We look forward to hosting your pooch where lots of love will be offered to our furry friends.
- Property type: House
- Resident dogs: 0
- Outdoor space: Garden, Terrace / Patio
- I have a car for emergencies
- I have children under 18 in the household
All DogBuddy bookings include:
- 24/7 Emergency support & cancellation protection
- Up to £1.7M pet & liability insurance
- Free GPS tracked walks
- Photo & video updates